Summer

Friday, August 26, 2011

Final Summer Project

I told Cory yesterday that I was REALLY bored....He told me to get a hobby..... HEHEHE 
SO...I was searching Pinterest for an idea on how to organize my jewelry.  I found an idea that used an old type set drawer.  These were used to house the type set letters for the printing presses.  I remembered that I had one in my basement from my Great Uncle Bob's old newspaper that he used to own.  It was in REALLY good shape for how old it was and it even had a few letters in it too! 

 This is how it looked before I started.  There were a few pieces that were broken, so I used Gorilla Glue and also sanded a lot of areas down to make the surface easier to paint.
This is after I painted it and added hardware to it.  I didn't have to buy ANY of the hardware.  I had it all laying around the house.  The 4 circular knobs include two drawer pulls, one cabinet pull, and one lamp harp decorative piece.  They were silver, black, and red and I spray painted those along with all of the hardware with a brownish-bronze color.
The three pieces above are old earrings that were my great-grandmas.  I added them as a permanent decoration to the jewelry holder.  I also spray painted photo frame holders and added them as an alternative earring holder.

I had enough old type set letters to spell out Cory's name and...
....my name.  (The letters are obviously backwards when you look at them, but when put into the printing presses were the right way).




The finished product!  I LOVE how it turned out and because it is from someone that I admired SO very much, it means that much more to me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment