Summer

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Finley's First Trip to the Dentist

 When I called to make an appointment for my 6-month cleaning, I asked about when Finley should go in for the first time.  They said they now recommend coming in when they are 1....SO, she got to go so the dentist for the first time before my appointment.  
 She got to sit in the exam chair for a little bit and thought she was pretty cool.  We thought it was a fun place to take her 14 month picture.

 She got to meet daddy's and my dentist Dr. Braden. 
 He looked in her mouth, counted her teeth and then she as all done.  She did a great job.  They said to start brushing her teeth and bring her back when she is 2.


 For the last few weeks I have given Finley a toothbrush to play with.  She is always carrying it around and chewing on it.  It has really helped her get used to what it feels and looks like.

 She got a new kid-sized brush from the dentist and we got her some non-flouride toothpaste.  This is her checking out her new stuff.
 Showing off those pearly whites.  We hope her mouth health takes after mine and not daddy's. :)
Trying out the new toothbrush.  She let me brush all of her teeth with toothpaste during her bath.  She sat awesome, didn't bite the brush, and opened her mouth for me.  :)

2 comments:

  1. She’s so cute! I hope she likes brushing her teeth as much as she likes playing with the toothbrush. It’s great thing that her dental awareness has begun at such a young age. This way, you won’t have to contend with tears and anxiety each time she’ll visit the dentist in the future. Have a lovely day!

    Bettye Primm @ Back Mountain Dental

    ReplyDelete
  2. She’s adorable! That’s the kind of patient any dentist would love to have. She didn’t even budge when the dentist was prodding her teeth. Seeing how she loved going to these visits, I have no doubt she’ll grow up with a healthy and beautiful set of teeth. Cheers!

    Dorothy Payne @ Dr. Monica Crooks, DDS

    ReplyDelete