Summer

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cruisin' and Bruisin'

Some things I learned this weekend....
#1 - It is impossible to get anything done around the house with a crawling/climbing almost 9 month old.
#2 - The best toys are not toys at all.  Finley would rather play/chew on books, kitchen utensils, baking sheets, pots, pans, etc.
#3 - Our kid is pretty resilient.  She has fallen face and head first into the leg of our computer desk twice over the weekend.  The first time was just her head, the second time she scored a sweet bruise on her cheek.  (see photos)  She has also fallen and bonked her head on the wood floor 5-6 times, pulled a toy on top of her face and had a nice welt from that for a few minutes, and finally pulled a stool in our kitchen on top of herself.  After each incident she had some tears, but bounced back pretty quickly (usually 30 seconds or less).  I PROMISE I was watching her.  I just don't know the world from her perspective quite yet.  Every time I think I have finished baby-proofing, she proves me wrong! 
#4 - While I am enjoying each new milestone and watching Finley's personality develop, it makes me sad that she will never be that sweet, little baby again.  We now have both convertible car seats installed and the car seat that we brought her home in that very first time is put away... Today, I lowered her crib to its lowest setting... We put away the Boppy pillow, the Bumbo seat, some of her toys, and some of her clothes.  We started with textured food too (which she is NOT enjoying as of now:))
  It just all goes so fast.  While it makes me sad, I am SO eager to see what her future holds and what our future holds as a family.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives, no matter what stage or age she is! :)
 


The bruise didn't show up too well in the photo.  It is on the right side of her face, near her mouth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment