Summer

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Finley's First Birthday Party-Rainbows Galore!

The night before Finley's first birthday I put this banner on her door so she would see it when she woke up.  It is the first thing she noticed when I opened the door in the morning. 
Here is a picture of her checking it out!
 
I made Finley a waffle with peanut butter for breakfast and it was her first time getting to use our family 'You are Special Today' plate. We stuck a candle in it and she decided to put the candle out with her bare hands.... WHOOPS!  Rookie mom mistake.  She had a couple of tears, but was over it in about 10 seconds.
 


 I had such a great time getting all of the decorations ready for her party.  If I wasn't a teacher, I would LOVE to be an event/party planner.  It would be a blast, but not sure it would pay the bills. :)

 It is so cool to look at each of her monthly pictures in this way.  It is astounding how much she has changed and grown throughout the first year!
 This is the cake and party favor table. 
This is Finley's 'smash cake'. 
Each guest got a cupcake like this.  Making the rainbow cake batter was A TON of work, but the results were worth it!  Thank you to my mother-in-law who helped make the frosting and decorate the cupcakes.  She was a lifesaver that day!
Checking out one of her presents.  Her outfit was inspired by one that I saw on Etsy for $59.00.  I was NOT going to spend that kind of money!  I found the fabric for $7.95/yard online and then made it myself.  The total cost was around $15.00.
 
She was very interested in baby Gianna.
 She wanted to stay by Auntie Lauren for the first part of the day. 
 She was getting really clingy to me the days leading up to the party.  I was a little worried she would be like that for her big day.... But, like always she surprised me and was fine with other people.  Here she is with her Great-Great Aunt Lois and her Grandma. 
Still can't believe it's been a year already!

 Jayda was SO cute in her hair bow and matching outfit.
 She was NOT interested in her cake.  Cory and I basically are the ones who got it all over her.

 She liked how it tasted, but you could tell she didn't want it on her hands.
Finley is clapping for the best godparents in the world!
 
 Cute, Cute, Cute!
 


 She adores her Great Aunt Terrie and Great Uncle Barry!

 These girls are like our family.  Finley will realize that when she is a little bit older.  Their mommy's are my teaching partners and women that I am proud to call my friends.  They are always there for us and I simply couldn't imagine going through this crazy and fun experience called 'motherhood' without them!  These are their girls!  The ages range from 1.5 months-5 years.  If a boy ever joins this group, he will be SEVERELY outnumbered!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment